PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take care!
Thread: Take care!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2009, 08:05
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Take care!

Just in case anyone thought that my idea of having more than one Explorer was a good idea...It may not be. in W7 anyway.

I have now lost my secondary hard drive. First time I could boot with it, but second time it had lost hal.dll This may be total coincidence, but it was perfect till then.

Trying to access it from W7 on the 'Fast Drive' gave lots of errors. The file I was working on with 20 sub-folders has gone. I backed up to it several times a day prior to this. Some 120 thousand words. Hope me sticks are all okay.

The only connection is that I introduced a second copy of W7's explorer into the main drive, but in another logical drive.

With XP I had as many as six Explorer shortcuts for different targets - done it for years - perfect.

With W7 I now keep the original Explorer.exe but just mod several shortcuts. So far so good. Don't know why I didn't do that before.

%win etc then the target and switch e.

But there's a spook in the machine, and I may just find that I lose a lot of photos. Try to recover them tomorrow when me head's clear.