PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATR Type Ratings,Dont throw your money away
Old 10th Jul 2009, 01:31
pablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi fellas!

just a humble comment here.

Someone said "crap company".
I think at this stage there is enough information and people has had enough experiences as to how "unfair" the market is.
TRTOs just try to sell their product and they promise you whatever, but I think you must have some wits to realize it's just propaganda.
And on the other hand companies that make you pay your TR aren't really the best ones. A really good company will fund your training.

About going FI... I keep on thinking it's a decent way to start, and if you are professional enough you can do a good job. And you can even like it. When I finished my FI rating I wasn't that happy about it, but after a few instruction flights I started to love it.
Yes, there are many outfits that pay peanuts, but there are some others that pay decently and you work in good conditions. You can always try to look for a better place to work.

This is the same as working for an airline. Some airlines have better conditions than others. Obviously you will always take up any job offered, but eventually you'll have to apply to other airlines for better conditions.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck job hunting guys, keep the moral up!