PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2009, 00:29
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Walter, I must admit that you have a prima facie case pointing to a possible attempt at an Approach and Landing at the Mull LZ. That is you have an explanation for instrument settings, tracks on maps, TPs etc. You even have a method of doing that in IMC, ie with the "wacky" radios (sorry not trying to be flippant but I'm not qualified enough to use the correct descriptions). But that is the point. You are asking us to believe that this crew was authorised to do an IFR letdown in IMC at high speed into an LZ with very high terrain all around, and with pax on board, and the nation's most VIP (security wise) pax at that? I must admit that a CoC that is reckless enough to push a grossly unairworthy aircraft into service might just be reckless enough to pull this flanker along with it, but it borders on the incredible. And when I say IFR letdown I don't refer to a published procedure with a fixed, calibrated and licenced installation, but some bloke wandering around the Mull slopes, with a backpack, not at the LZ because he himself is a little uncertain of his position due to fog? It might look kosher on paper, but just think about it. These guys might have been SF, but they weren't kamikazes, Walter. One look at the conditions and its left hand down a bit for point B and call the ALM up to tell the pax that the LZ demo is scrubbed due wx. You say an investigation into your theory needs witnesses and evidence not yet produced. Well so does mine, Walter. The difference is both in my case are available, have appeared before the FAI and the HoL and could be produced at a proper RAF BoI or AAIB Accident Investigation. Like I say Walter your ideas are persuasive and have merit but at the end of the day they are little more than a conspiracy theory which is hardly surprising given the cover up perpetrated here by the MOD and RAF!

Last edited by Chugalug2; 10th Jul 2009 at 00:39.