PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When does a delay become a cancellation?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2009, 21:02
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually Spuzzum is a place, not me

Ppod. No I don't work for Squeezy, never have, never will. Haven't worked for an airline since the mid-80s and that was long ago, and far far away.

I've tried to keep my opinions neutral - and provide input regarding the poorly written, poorly understood regulation 261/2004.

Of course the Regulation applies if your flight is delayed. In which case the airline must provide 'care'. Which means food, lodgings and transfers to/from such lodgings (all of which Squeezy appears to have done). What I've been trying to say is that COMPENSATION i.e EUR250~600 is only applicable when a flight is cancelled, or if you are denied boarding. It does not apply when your flight is delayed (even if delayed 7 billion hours). Compensation, in cases of cancellations, is also not applicable in cases of extraordinary circumstances - which is NOT defined in the regulation (beyond what I mentioned in a previous post). Some consider this to be a 'loophole' but if I was a shareholder in an airline I'd want to hear from the CEO if an airline was paying out money the Regulation doesn't require them to.

IMHO in this particular case, Squeezy is not required by the Regulation to pay compensation. I'm not saying that Squeezy shouldn't take care of their customers, I'm saying that I don't think the Regulation - as written - requires payment of compensation, IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE.

Next time you (I mean the 30%, or less, of you that participate) vote for the European Parliament - would you please vote for somebody with half a brain or more. If you don't you'll see more of this crap.

Last edited by ExXB; 11th Jul 2009 at 14:34.