Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2009, 10:44
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JuggleDan

I daresay there is hope yet!
It never cease to amaze me how some "editing" can change the whole meaning of a newspaper article.
Actually, safety was a lot more on the minds of Air France people, including the pilot union SNPL / ALPA now , than a lot of posters think.
all...except our friends from Alter / Eurocockpit / rdio cockpit (they are the same people).
Back to the Figaro article,

Talking about safety, there is this passage, question and answer :

Qu'avez-vous vraiment changé depuis le très critique rapport Colin sur la sécurité aérienne ?

Je suis fier du rapport Colin, diffusé à tous les navigants de la compagnie, et qui montre que chez nous, il n'y a pas de tabous en matière de sécurité. En octobre 2005, nous avions confié à trois commandants de bord instructeurs d'Air France une mission d'analyse portant sur l'organisation et le fonctionnement de nos opérations aériennes. Depuis, il faut savoir que les recommandations de ce rapport ont été mises en œuvre dans tous les domaines : règles opérationnelles, organisation et sécurité des vols, formation des personnels navigants, exploitation et maintenance au sol.
I leave you to google translate that.
As an active witness / participant of the whole process, I find it quite insulting to find people with absolutely no idea on what an aircraft is made of, let alone how it operates, to emit judgments of value backed by nothing but a despicable agenda.
All the recorders of the airline - and I insist on the ALL - are systematically speed-read in order to detect (through a thorough and specific thresholding algorythm) mishaps, irregularities, deviations from SOPs, trends...etc... and the results are published in the bi-monthly air safety brochure, which every crew member receives. An Internet portal exists, parallel to the anonymous reporting system that exists in every serious airline.
In case one of this recordings shows a dangerous operation, the crew is called to explain the deviation and can ask for the legal help of the Union...The procedure can go a lot further, though rarely.
.....sorry, can't go further...
JuggleDan, the rant is not addressed to you.