PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on M/E takeoff briefing
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2009, 09:53
Troopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI guys. All this sound pretty good. My 2 bob is KISS ( Keep it simple stupid). I have had a couple of failures, and have realised it doesn't happen as briefed.
99% of the time you'll have the mix rich, pitch up and power up. you would have confirmed this as you applied T/O power, so I would not waste my time confirming this when your main priority is to get the gear up, Identify the dead engine, confirm it and feather it and maintain control.
No need to brief yourself that you'll fly to the msa and conduct the approach in IMC, because thats what you'll do anyway
You could say that you'll maintain Vyse but if your not performing your min speed will be Vmca ( Dont use blue line or red line because if your flying old GA machines who's to say that those are correct. I once flew a 404 that was fitted with a IAS that was for a chieftain. )
Another point is make sure the engine is actualy dead, if it is still producing power it's better to keep it going till atleast the MSA it might not have 300hp but 100hp is better than none. this may have resulted from dodgy magnetos which I have had, you test them on the ground, runs fine. Once airbourne though the gremlins come out.
One last point. If the plane has been flying for the last 2 mins then it'll fly for the next 22mins, ie catch your breath and don't stuff it.

Just my 2 bob