PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jul 2009, 00:51
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Days off are exactly as i said earlier. You get 7 local days off per month, you must have a 36 hour break every 7 days or a 60 hour break in 10 days. the 7 days doesn't start at midnight but when you sign on so in effect it's not 7 days but 168 hours.

Rotation, vacation or whatever you want to call your 2 weeks off all counts as a day off, as does sick days. The definition of a day off is " a day free of all duty ", notice the lack of pre-notified here, so a sick day counts as a day off.

So if you return from rotation or vacation or whatever you want to call it on the 3rd, you will only get 4 more days off that month. If you return from rotation on the 7th, and leave on the 23rd of the next month, you will get no days off, but you will get a 36 hour break every 168 hours, or in effect 1 day a week, so 5 days in total.

It is quite normal to work 8 days before you go on rotation. They will owe you a 60 hour break, which will be your first 2 days of rotation/vacation. But they will be vacation days, not days off.

Some of the new frontier guys are just figuring this out. As i said it's not as utopian as you might think.

On a different subject, i heard that VAC are not accepting apps from PARC or RAL for line capts so what are you asking the new guys to do. Have no job or income to support their families because taking a slightly lower salary will upset the guys already there? It's not their fault. It's the contract world. We all have families to support.