PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next step!
Thread: Next step!
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2009, 23:55
Explore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the inputs!

I guess buying a one-way ticket to Alaska would be great challenge. How many hours per month did you get there? Was it a tuff enviroment to work in?

As I mention earlier, I spent 3 months at Boundary Bay and after seeing how hard it is to make a good living as a pilot, especially in the beginning I just got a bit worried. Maybe the marked is better in Europe though.

If I invest 3 years in school, you get a good education and many new friends. If you spend 3 years in "low paining job", you get the money.

I think im gonna start school at least, and try to combine reading ATPL (read like a chapter every day, and every 7 chapter, go over it to make sure I got it), and continue my parttime-work. Put up a plan, try to make it as a flight-instructor within 2 years.

Should I do the hourbuliding in North America, and then do the IR/CPL/ME here in Europe, or should just do everything in North America? Yes, I know there is many ways and so on, and I could do a seach. But what do the carrieres want? Do they care if you have been flying in Europe or the US/Canada

And thanks for the inputs. Really much appreciated!