PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Griffins In Akrotiri
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2002, 18:55
keepin it in trim

Apache for HEMS - Strafe those Survivors!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tourist

Very well aware that what is now "SAR Flight" at Gannet do not have NVG, and I also know how happy they are about this, NOT! Also very familiar with the almost disastrous consequences of this last year, if you are who you say, you will know exactly what I am talking about. In my many years of working with colleagues from Gannet have never experienced this Us and Them attitude you seem to have.

You will also know that the number of jobs any unit does is not up to them but is simply down to the nearest unit being called by RCC, for many years I seem to remember Lossie was the busiest SAR unit. Busy does not necessarily mean best, or most demanding tasks, it can but the two things don't always go together. Some of the best SAR pilots and crews are based at "quiet" units.

One final point, as we all, navy and air force, work for the same Admiral, and maybe even more closely in the future, who's to say, you might want to get a little more "joint" about this. We are all a lot stronger when we work for each other, rather than against.