PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sikorsky S-76: Ask Nick Lappos
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2009, 02:08
pcpahari_IAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Static and Transient Droop

TO: Nick
Thankyou Sir for the elaborate detail and referenced links. Amply clear and Informative as these are, I still have (even at the cost of repetition BUT in the interest of clearer/correct understanding) a peculiar query, (essentially in two parts) from one of my recent Grd Subjects tests:

1. RPM Stability: Normally Stability is the tendency to revert to original after being left independent from the point following a disturbance(it may therefore be Unstable, neutrally stable or Stable) Ofcourse, this Stability has Static and Dynamic aspects. Apparently our case of RPM stability is at cross-roads with this 'tendency' because here, 'Steady' RPM (even though closer to the disturbance figure) is stable operation as against oscillating RPM which is unstable. With this backdrop, particularly as regards my doubt w.r.t rpm stability, do clarify once again, do we imply stable RPM as that RPM tendency to settle at a lower figure as stable OR will it be the RPM returning to original figure, (though practically it ought to be RPM oscillating around the Original figure with Reducing Amplitude)...???

2. Fill in the Blanks:
"If the Static Droop is more Rotor RPM Stability will be ______. (More/Less).

Thanking you in anticipation.

Last edited by pcpahari_IAF; 9th Jul 2009 at 11:59. Reason: clarify