PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2009, 01:00
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FanAviation;
Hope this helps our non/ french speaking and not familiar with the french culture friends here.
It helps me m'sieur, many thanks!

takata;
I was not suggesting that F-GZCP could have planned to ditch because it would be fairly suicidal by night and bad weather in the middle of the Atlantic, possibly without comms, and absolutely nothing is suggesting a single trace of preparation. So, I was wondering about a loss of control at low altitude during a desperate attempt to restart the engines, or a battery exhaustion...
You're very welcome. Re "not suggesting ditching", ah okay - misunderstood. Re loss of control lower down, yes, possible but given the statements about a clear vertical acceleration component such a scenario would take a lot of altitude to develop - so any "mishandling resulting in a stall" would not occur below, say, 10,000ft as there would still be significant, not slight, forward component at collision with the sea precluding the vertical descent scenario. Obviously the further away from 02:14:59 we are, the more exponentially broader the scenarios become.

PJ2