PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA GS Election - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2002, 18:08
Captain Correlli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting and thought provoking that John deals in facts, but 'innuendo' is certainly the method used by LJ.543.

FACT: Darke has a part time commitment to bodies other than his primary employer (us)

FACT: He does not bother to let us know about this. If it is all so much above board, one must wonder why.

FACT: Its only LJ who is apparently in the know about the frighteningly exact details of Darkes moonlighting. (Now how could he know that so accurately, details of reading at home,.......................?)

I like John's analogy re Trident, that sums it up quite well. We will all shortly see where we have voted, (you got my vote John!).

Finally, while I think LJ may be correct in his view of the medium term future and its challenges, some of us would say there have been a fair old number of changes and challenges in the LAST ten years. Darke's reaction to those has been to increase membership, increase BALPA deficit, and watch all our Ts and Cs decline steadily along with our remuneration. God only knows where we will be in another decade if CD stays at the helm.

(Tony Blair is always looking for good spin doctors though LJ, maybe you, Chris and Merv could get a position with New Labour!
)