PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2009, 21:12
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engines

@PJ2:
Thank you a lot for all those very detailed infos and for answering all my questions! You saved me many hours studying the FCOM Engine's Chapters as I was totally unfamiliar with this part of the aircraft.

I duely noticed that you had previously pointed an engine flame-out during a stall, but that stall would also imply a serious loss of altitude and much less distance could be flown after an eventual recovery. Nevertheless, 90-100 NM is fitting very well my bracket of [90-115 NM] corresponding to [0.40-0.50 m/s] drift speed from 0214? position in whatever direction (preferably to the Brazilian coast or F. de N.).

I was not suggesting that F-GZCP could have planned to ditch because it would be fairly suicidal by night and bad weather in the middle of the Atlantic, possibly without comms, and absolutely nothing is suggesting a single trace of preparation. So, I was wondering about a loss of control at low altitude during a desperate attempt to restart the engines, or a battery exhaustion...

I wondered also if an eventual TAT probes icing would not affect at some point the engine monitoring if a false and higher temperature would be delivered to the system. I have no idea of the consequences.

I'll study closely your answers and will re-read the engine icing documents. @Safetypee: thank you also for the complementary and very usefull informations.

S~
Olivier