PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice would be welcomed
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2009, 20:43
Firefight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheers for your 2cents betpump5
i will however correct you on a few things, as i think you have missed a couple of points in my posts.
I havent only just started seriously thinking about it i was seriously thinking about it again a few years ago but since leaving school at 16 with no a-levels i have worked consistantly as a swimming coach, in both this country and abroad, and it was only when i seriously started thinking about a flying career a few years ago again that i realised to get anywhere a-levels were an essential so i did them through a distance learning course at which point it rendered me to old for the RAF. As for bad advice its not meant to pull at any strings, as you said, tell it straight how it is, and as for Top Gun well all get inspirations from somewhere, we dont just wake up one day and its there, and i havent seen the movie for some while now. and its not a case of finding myself its more a case of "what could have been" but maybe having one last small chance and wanting to know what it would be like in the Navy as i had done all my research on the RAF and just wanted to know chances of going from Weapons system officer to pilot, as my goal is pilot whether it be forces of commercial, its just FJ ranks slightly higher in my goals and im looking at what avenues are open to me to get there.

But thanks for the advice you did give me on the routes open to me for commercial pilot.