PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fleet Air Arm Officers Association Gliding Scholarships for 2009
Old 7th Jul 2009, 14:54
Benjybh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right, it's me again!

I haven't posted anything about the course yet here, so...

Well, what can I say? The best week of my life, bar none! If you are unsure whether to sign up for a gliding course, do it ASAP! I cannot reccommend it highly enough. I met some great people - all the people on the course were brilliant and we had a great time in the wardroom every night. The weather was okay, torrential rain one day but this meant that we could have a day off flying to wander around the FAA Museum and be shown round the RNHF and 846 hangars. One one afternoon we went up in Piper Warriors for a Navex, and most of us got stick time on that too. But of course the best part was the gliding - the guys at Heron Gliding club, both instructors and people who helped us launch etc. were really helpful. In fact they were so helpful that I managed to solo after 21 launches and just under 6 hours flight time - the best (and at the same time most terrifying!) experience ever!.

This afternoon I managed to wangle a place on an Air Aquaint course at Culdrose in November, along with a mate of mine from the gliding. Any insight into what might happen there would be much appreciated.

So, thanks too all in this thread who have given me advice, and (without this turning into an Oscars speech) in particular airbourne_artist who brought this FAAOA scholarship to my attention in the first place.

Cheers,

Ben

Last edited by Benjybh; 7th Jul 2009 at 16:37.