PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2009, 13:50
ttcse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
takata

As for the likely sequence from 02:10 to the surface, several times others have posts which is essentially the camp I'm in. (control difficulty starting around 02:10, upset at some time, essentially stall/spin, flight ending at 02:14 or soon after, not much distance to be traveled after 02:10, fin-off at impact.) Not that it makes me credible but I don't want to repeat their work, I'll let their posts do the talking.

but this part
2. The bodies drifted 100 NM (to the North) in five days after the first recovery but would have drifted previously 10 NM during the same time, and in the wrong direction (to the South-West), in an area where the drift is much stronger?
With all the official, credible and yet conflicting sources of current and drift information, I'm not so certain myself what the drift at impact site was at the time of crash. One of these official sources, posted here a couple times by SaturnV using this OSCAR - Ocean Surface Currents Analyses - Realtime, causes trouble for your drift back-track projections. While it agrees with all the northish drifts at the middle and northern side of the 0210-0214 area, on the south side of this it shows an eastward flow. The specific place it begins, direction and speed on the date/time of the crash could very well been to the east for all we know. I can only argue for 'uncertainty' and some question of the back-track projections. I know you're aware of wind & weather conditions at the specific time of the crash that could potentially throw a wrench into the projections.

Last edited by ttcse; 7th Jul 2009 at 14:22.