PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The " I support ADSB" thread.
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2009, 13:16
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
kalavo, good link. Nothing that hasn't been said here many times over.

The Japanese MTSAT is already fully functional. Post-Hilmer Australia?..Public Good???? I don't think so

Financial case for WAAS as a safety mitigator is more compelling than anything else! Including ADS-B. The Feds will say straight up ..Sure, as long as aviation pays for it.

In my day job I can say from first hand experience the benefits of DGPS in civil works. Bulldozers able to carve the side of a hill in the shape of a freeway down to final trim without a survey peg in sight. This facility will be used as the argument AGAINST WAAS. Those who want the accuracy can pay for facilities to provide it.

LRH CFIT as the mitigator? If the CASA or AirServices were MADE to take responsibility for providing a service that would ensure safety...then, just maybe, there could be chance that the receiver of the dividends would have the "penny drop" revelation on "Public Good"

WAAS and affordable safety....what price is a life? Is it different because one is seated in 48D rather than behind the PF in a PA-31 PVT flight.