PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some crews are just incredible
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2009, 08:24
ph-ndr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some crews are just incredible

I've been a lurker in here for a good few years and have kept my posting to an absolute minimum, since I do not work witin avaiation (but in systems engineering, hence discussions on here on how to handle issues often have relevant information for me).

Today I figured I'd start my first thread in here (as far as I can rememer).

I was in a lounge last night waiting for an overnight from one continent to another, and even though the lounge wasn't all htat nice it was better than the mayhem in the terminal.

At one point during the night a flight crew comes into the lounge, which is unusual enough as it is. Two expats with four stripes, one expat with three stripes. Stripes on the shoulders, pilot bags in tow, and ID hanging out, and none of the effects leaving any doubt as to who they worked for. Their employer has a much better lounge down the hall.

This in it's own is a piece of non-news. What happened half an hour later made me look twice. In front of me Ihave two four-stripers mixing gin/tonic and vodka/tonic.

As they exited the lounge half an hour later I questioned one of the quietly if they were in fact dead heading and got told that was none of my business.

Now I don't care if they are dead heading or if they are on duty, but this spectacle sure s not helping improving the image of pilots already claiming there is no need to alco tests?

Lounge staff did later identify what flight the crew belonged to.

Anyone care to comment on this being pure stupidity on their or my part?

-A