PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2009, 06:43
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttcse:
takata
Again, it is mostly your imagination: what clue do we have for considering the aircraft 'deceased' at 0214?
On this point I'm with JD given: the preliminary report of essentially vertical impact on the belly, the projected positions at 0214 being in the neighborhood of the initial debris finds, and the most likely reason a satellite connection was lost. They tend to pair up. All other possibilities get more complex.
1. What clue, on this impact description, is revealing to you the location of the crash? Why would she had to impact, "level with strong vertical acceleration" only exactly at the spot (or very close to it) where the contact by ACARS was lost?
2. The bodies drifted 100 NM (to the North) in five days after the first recovery but would have drifted previously 10 NM during the same time, and in the wrong direction (to the South-West), in an area where the drift is much stronger?
3. Why are they not able to detect the flight Recorders on this primary search location?
4. Why should we consider only the more extraordinary circumstances to fit this theory when we already have a sufficient one (icing) which may explain what happened?

I'm sorry, but the complexity of the postulat is not on the side of those I've made. I fully agree that my postulat is perhaps less obvious at the first look, but it is certainly fairly simple when you look at the whole situation much closer.

S~
Olivier