PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next step!
Thread: Next step!
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2009, 03:19
Explore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next step!

I recently spent 7 weeks in Canada, taking my PPL there. The best 7 weeks of my life however. I would rather spend my saturdays flying the Diamond Eclipse, than going out in Norway Even though I missed the norwegian girls, compared to the Candians ones

Anyways, I ended up with 85 hours, at a cost around 15 000 CAD. Well, back in Norway I need to convert to JAA PPL, which is pretty straight forward with a skilltest. But after im done with that, what should I do?

There are plenty of options:

- I could start at the University next month, which is free, and after 3 years end up with a Bachelor.
- I could start the reading for the ATPL exams, get started on my hourbouilding, and fly at Luftfartsskolen
- I could work and save up for flying in the US. Get a FI job there, and get my hours there, before I get back to Norway to convert and get though the exams.

I now there is a cricis and so on right now. But isent the best thing to get the education during the downturn, and maybe you get a job in the upswing. I know im not getting rich or something like that, but isent it about doing what you like the most?

Any tips?