PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2009, 00:33
BYALPHAINDIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No retraction here, they allowed people to travel to the show and waste their money knowing full well that the Permit would have expired,

Spot On - Nutloose!!!

We drove the 74 miles on saturday to Waddo - what for??

Not much at all really, But we cannot complain as we ALLOWED for all this and elected to sit in a field for nowt!!

Even that was merely impossible as the MOD & civilian police were acting like they worked for the 'God Squad' blocking every country lane off upto 4 miles away with cones totally OTT policing.

But I didn't expect to be told that the reason was because of the CAA not permitting the display!!!

We didn't know anything until about 14.45 when the news was spread round to everyone's dissapointment, The FRA Falcons & Hawks had just finished their display.

2 Of my friends paid to go into the show, I have spoken to one and he says that may be the last time he goes to the show??

He came home dissapointed, And said that they were told on the coach at about 10.30 am that XH558 was not running.

If they had known earlier, He said that the coach may have turned round and gone back up the A15??

It was the quitest Airshow that I have ever been to, An average of 1 display every 45 minutes.

We only really went for the Vulc, The FRA display & the Typhoon, But expected to see a Herc a Seaking & the Sentry flying.

But nothing in that category.

The Typhoon was good to excellent I would say, But not a long display compared to the others.

ELVINGTON - sprung to my mind??

Waddington is turning into another Elvington which was once a good day out with a good and sometimes excellent static & flying display.

But over the last few years until Elvington finishing, It was not worth paying 14.00 to go thru the gate to see just a handful of training aircraft.

Obviously XH558 has to be run by the book cover, But surely the CAA could have either sent somebody or arranged for certification to be done on the saturday??

I don't know nor have had time to read the 'Exact' chain of events so I am only asking the questions??

I was told that XH558 group would lose 8,000 pound a day for the non display flying??

And on a seperate note I was told that Paul Millikin didn't want to be involved with the new group since his last flight in the 1990's fearing the potential problems within the operation.

Everybody was looking forward to the 4th July it came and went - And we a 'few thousand' of us went home with Red faces!!!

Not just because of the weather but because we had failed to watch XH 558 do what she is made to do - Fly.

These things happen, But typically they happen on a warm sunny day the 1st day of flight op's!!!

And likewise if the weather had been rubbish then vice versa.

There are hardly enough Airshows in the North now, And to have dissapointments like saturday just makes everybody concerned upset, Dissapointed & Angry.

I look forward to seeing XH558 at the next AVAILABLE Airshow in the north of England hum!!!!

For every 8 airshows in the south there are 2 in the north.

So choice is limited.

And Elvington - I have no idea what's happening there??

Ask Mr Ken C.