PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 22:13
andrewmcharlton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at Farnborough, I was also at 4 days when it went tech and I can live with that.

However, that is history and the fact is it's on the ground through failure to carry out required checks and testing and whichever way you splice it it is not currently able to fly.

They allowed people to travel, incur substantial costs when they knew it could not display. They have waited days to publish a statement which is no compensation to anyone who has paid good money in difficult times and they still look to blame someone else.

I echo Nutloose and everyone else's remarks, it's a bloody shambles and nobody is prepared to take responsibility. You talk about naysayers and doommongers and if you like you can count me in them, but not one of them has tried to stop her flying just continually questioned those in charge and their efforts, this is yet another clear demonstration of their total ineptitude at running a public attraction that the public pay for.

I note your commentary at Cosford I think at the same naysayers and doommongers which I think is uncalled for given that many of them, me included were there to support it and pay good money for the priviledge. I see you're now signing off as their commentator as opposed to a simple supporter and well wisher so I can't expect any objectivity or impartiality.

Imagine going to an F1 race and discovering they can't race for lack of a license or a concert without a singer? Stupid isn't it but it seems in the context of 558 everything and everyone is blameless and forgiven. When you look through the rose tinted spectacles be sure to notice the plane is still on the ground and thousands are upset, angry and disappointed at being let down, again.