PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 21:44
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Nutloose - you just don't get it, do you.

VTST cannot tell Marshalls what to do. What they did do was to remind them on several documented occasions what was required before the Permit to Fly could be reissued. As Dr Pleming's message suggests, during the week running up to the show, they were assured more than once that there would not be a problem with the reissue. In fact, VTST specifically asked if it was practical to let the aircraft launch from Brize. Once again they were reassured.

And as far as not letting people know is concerned, this didn't all finally crystallise until late Friday evening. And even then, at that stage, it wasn't seen as definitely fatal to XH558's flying appearance. A senior member of VTST staff even went down to Gatwick on Saturday, hoping to be able to pick up the Permit. When he got there, he found that the CAA were still unable to issue the Permit.

And, as I have said before - no one in VTST is blaming the CAA for doing their job.

airsound
who is as you've noted, merely
some person that stands on a dias (sic) with a mike (sic) in his hand
PS jindabyne - happy to receive a pm. Or an email, if you want. It's not hard to find my email. I'm not anonymous here.