PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 21:18
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Thank you, Mark 36, for publishing Robert Pleming’s message.
Vulcan To The Sky News
That message was, of course, published with the approval of Marshall Aerospace. It confirms what Eddie Forrester said on Saturday, quoted in danohagan’s post #2508.
it is NOT, REPEAT NOT the fault of anyone in VTS management despite what you may read on internet forums
What Pobert Pleming’s message does is to add more substance to that. In particular, he says
The approved Engineering Authority for XH558 is Marshall of Cambridge Aerospace, which is responsible for all aspects of its airworthiness, including the application for the renewal of the Permit to Fly, due on 3rd July.
(My bold)

In simple terms, Marshall Aerospace is , effectively, the operator of XH558. VTST can only do anything to the aircraft, including fly it, on direct authorisation from Marshall Aerospace.

Basically, that was what the many VTST people at Waddington, volunteers and staff, were telling anyone who wanted to know. As I tried to explain in my post #2510, I was part of that extremely difficult operation. And over the whole of the weekend, there were very few air show visitors who didn’t feel sympathetic towards the whole sad situation once they had been told the proper facts. The only thing the team wasn’t doing was mentioning Marshalls by name.

This now demonstrates that many people on this and other forums, who hide behind a cloak of anonymity, have grossly misrepresented the actions of the VTST team. Many posters have been particularly critical, not to say insulting, to Robert Pleming and Andrew Edmondson. I look forward to seeing those posters’ retractions and apologies in their next posts.

sean
airsound
commentator for Vulcan XH558