PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small airfields in Cumbria / Lake District
Old 6th Jul 2009, 21:13
ekardj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew in by helicopter a few weeks ago. Very friendly place. Managed to speak to someone by phone for PPR on a Thursday and landed on Friday. Friday pm a lot of people arrived for the weekend parachuting. The club owner also owns the airfield. I believe, and he is also the pilot of the aircraft used for the jumps. I know little about fixed wing but it was a large aircraft which could carry about 10 or so parachutists so this should give you an idea of the type of aircraft that can use the runway. There is a picture of it on the website of north west parachute centre. Details of website given in previous thread. Also I left a message on their answer phone and they got back to me fairly quickly so suggest contacting them again. They also had a few other fixed wing and microlights while I was there. Certainly a very popular place for parachutists and as I say very friendly and co-operative folk. Also although Pooleys says no fuel I noticed a tanker there for the weekend so it is just possible you might be able to negotiate something.
J.