PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 16:56
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caz,
we've done this only recently:
The AOC 1 Gp and AOC in C STC gave their "Findings" in accordance with AP3207, Queens Regulations and the Air Force Act as approved by Parliament. Those "Findings" were endorsed by CAS. MRAF Lord Craig is also on record as concurring with those Findings.
Queens Regulation 1271 (6) states that the Reviewing Officers are to record an opinion Nowhere does it state that they have the authority to substitute the verdict of the President of a properly constituted Board of Inquiry.

'Finding' and 'Opinion' - two totally separate things.

Also, I don't know where you get this 'Judicial Verdict' from. It specifically states at the beginning of QR 1267 (1):
A Board of Inquiry, not being a court of law...

Mr Purdey,
you know only too well that we have, amongst our group, some 'high powered lawyers' as you, yourself, referred to them in your post #5063. I don't know why you could not answer Chug directly, although suspect that it is because you only do questions, not answers.

Apologies for not being about as much as I would like. Time being devoted to work, and preparation for a forthcoming challenge (100km walk in 30 hrs )

However, I will be here to 'irritate' as much as I am able over the next few weeks.

My best, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook