PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Italia Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 15:41
ricky-godf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I understand that... my point is different: the underlying problem for LH being overcrewed is an excess capacity in LH mainline (exactly as any other carrier in the world), LH Italia is not going to affect the crew levels for Deutsche LH itself, but it would be a good opportunity for LH pilots to smooth their over-capacity problem.
for example: if LH is going to ground 25 a/c this winter (+ 6 a/c to LHI), I believe that without LH Italia it would ground 31 a/c, if you see what I mean.
So for LH management this is a great chance to use some extra capacity in the Italian market, and for LH pilots a good way to work more, employ more people or promote few captains.

The problem is that I do believe that no matter what LH is allowed to do with their own AOC, they need to provide equal opportunity in Italy otherwise the italian governement could oppose their expansion in MXP.
I work for easyJet and in my company we have many similar cases, despite we have an european AOC we were forced to employ french speaking cabin crew for our bases in CDG, ORY, LYS.
At the end of the day without government and authorities approval might be very hard for LH to go ahead with their italian subsidiary.
And if LH Italia project would be stopped, I do not think LH pilots would be any better off.

I hope my point is clearer now.

Ricky