PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 12:23
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's just been announced on Lincs Fm that 'they' are hopeful that the paperwork will be signed today and the aircraft will leave Waddo tomorrow. By 'they' I am assuming it's those jokers called TVOC or VTS or whatever name they want to go by! I myself am quite hopeful that I will find a large pot of gold at the bottom of my fairy garden this afternoon, the one that I inhabit with gnomes and goblins.

If it is the case that it gets signed today, then it's an even bigger kick in the nuts for the supporters than before. All this for the sake of a day or two and just a modicum of thought, unbelievable.

My personal feeling is that it's just another publicity stunt and the paperwork won't be complete and 558 will remain at Waddington for a while yet. We will see. Spoke to the organisers last night and they told me that the number of complaints that had been received by them was 'significant' I guess that's a diplomatic way of saying lots.

Lets hope it buggers off back to Bruntingthorpe and stays there. Unless of course we can find a spare Chief Exec, Senior Engineering person, Admin Director and anyone else, who can muster more than a couple of brain cells between them all and run this project properly. The current lot clearly cannot. Infact the the current management couldn't manage the proverbial pi$$ up, even if they all lived in the brewery!!

Why won't the trustees get rid of them all and lets start again?

TW