PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 12:05
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Walter Kennedy:
Some good could come out of this tragic crash if, had there been any degree of cover up in any respect, the public were successful in forcing the truth out – it could be an important test case in ensuring future accountability in what is supposed to be a free society – and if unsuccessful, then perhaps the people should reflect ...
As far as your quote is concerned, Walter, it would seem that you and I are in violent agreement. Personally I do not believe there was State Sponsored Murder done that day (that's for JP and his "many folk"), but I do believe there was manslaughter done. In that it would seem I am in even further agreement, this time with the Messrs Wratten and Day. They effectively planted that verdict on the pilots with their finding of Gross Negligence. Right finding, wrongly planted! This accident started in the MOD by rushing an unairworthy aircraft type into service in direct contravention of its own Airworthiness Regulations. That aircraft, along with all its sister Mk2's, had severe Engine and Flight Control Airworthiness faults that could erupt without warning. I believe that such an eruption occurred to this aircraft on that flight and caused this accident. If so that would be Corporate Manslaughter IMHO.

Last edited by Chugalug2; 6th Jul 2009 at 12:17.