PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - White Waltham
Thread: White Waltham
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 08:59
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 429 Likes on 226 Posts
eharding, your vitriol filled replies are a very good example of why a flying club might make itself unpopular with visitors so I sincerely hope you speak in no official capacity.

I'm glad to hear that other visitors have more pleasant memories of their visits but I'm entitled to post here just as much as they are.

Btw, I repeat, you are wrong about who makes the decisions about where we land. I chose WW as a convenient place to take him on the day but he told me in no uncertain terms he doesn't wish to go again. My "negative comment" was a fact. If you would care to read it again you might see it was the owner/passenger who was disgruntled, rather than me. If he's unhappy (this was an understatement), then obviously he won't go there again.

However, you immediately make this a personal issue. If you consider any pilot making a living out of flying as a "hired bitch", that says more about you than me. Perhaps some members at WW have a tinge of inherent resentment about professional aircrew visitors, especially in view of your quoted bizarre "clubhouse epaulettes policy". Where is that stated in the AIP?