PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - English language proficiency requirement for DCA Malaysia?
Old 6th Jul 2009, 07:00
Sultan Ismail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a thread running on the "Private Flying" forum to which I have posted, however let me repeat it here.

The requirement is for proficiency in English Aviation Phraseology and Communication. It is not a test of English grammar and Shakespeares Sonnets.

The Brits and other native English speakers seem to think they have a god given right to a Level 6, but would probably come unstuck if they sat the exam.

I suggest you contact Asia Pacific Flight Training in Damansara, or Malaysian Airlines or Air Asia, all three are licencensed to conduct the test.
Should the "mods" remove these Trade Names then contact DCA direct for their appointed contractor.

The test takes approximately 30 minutes and is done through a computer terminal linked to Jeppesen. You are given a headset and all contact is through this, either responding to instructions, or communicating in a pilot/ATC environment. By the way you play both parts!

Expect to pay about RM500 for the pleasure!