PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 06:34
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bea report

I agree that the initial report is a bit light on any sort of conclusion.. as yet..but ...

and I am not Chuck Yeager...

so certainly not overly critical of the crew as they are a product of any system...

I still can't get away from the possible mishandled loss of airspeed reference ... not say that flying a jet in turb in alternate law is easy but if all that stuff happened and you just did.....well ..... nothing!! it should stay where it is.. ie throttles in climb detent ( as per loss of airspeed so no need to do anything as the auto throttle had already disconnected ..maybe have to move them if for some reason they went into thrust lock?..) pitch.. 5 degrees.. well it is probably a bit less than that anyway on a/p disconnect at FL350 so nothing to do there..much??- but I could be wrong...??

Faced with lots of ECAM and stuff in a short space of time what would anyone do... wings level , nose on the horizon and power set to climb. Yes yes hind sight you say..

(I vaguely remember 'nose above the horizon .. speed goes down... nose below the horizon... speed goes up... from my RAAF U/A recovery stuff..)

And as far as stalls go... have done this in the simulator once or twice and ...yes accept fidelity past limits and R/N etc may not make the real jet the same ....but I believe it stalls pretty much like any aircraft.. you know heavy buffet. etc which 'elevator forward sufficient to unstall the wings' works to fix... aft c/g maybe more unstable ..yes..spin prone B/A ratios and stuff maybe..

I think this is what we all really want to know.... how it managed to get away from the drivers, and if it was mechanical/environmental that started the sequence.. fine fix the fleet ( I see accelerated replacement programme in place)... but I don't see anyone grounding their jets as yet so guess the blame is going to come back to the pilots.... or never be known.

Time for training to look at these type of events and react accordingly.. but facts yet to be known so just ideas at moment.

W