PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2009, 02:36
Mad (Flt) Scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ClippedCub
Stick pushers aren't designed for post stall, but an accelerated stall can preclude stick pusher activation. They are intended to prevent stall.
Not true for all aircraft. On some types they are used either to provide stall identification and/or to prevent excursions to high AOA where a deep stall IS a concern, but they are set to fire post CLmax (i.e. with the wing stalled) in the interest of maximizing aerodynamic performance. But as the A330 doesn't have them anyway thats tangential.

Originally Posted by ClippedCub
The A330 configuration won't exhibit a 'stable', or deep stall characteristic, ccrew desire or not. It will buck and roll and yaw when stalled and will not find a naturally stable position in the baseline configuration unless there is a spin element, i.e., normal or flat.
That really depends on the details of the stall location and progression. I can conceive of it doing as you say; I can also conceive of it being relatively stable/controllable. It all depends where the wing stalls, how much of it stalls, and how sensitive it is to AOA shifts in terms of progression.