PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Sikorsky Attempting to Inhibit Others from Developing Electric Rotorcraft?
Old 6th Jul 2009, 00:38
NonSAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(1) The 60 day period commenced the date the patent application was published, which I believe is June 4, 2009. The date will be printed on the face of the publication which is readily available, free of charge at www.pat2pdf.org. The window to present information under 1.99 is comparatively brief.

(2) "Does anyone know if the US Patent Office considers the Internet as an acceptable means of describing and disseminating technical concepts in the context of 'printed publication'?"

Generally, yes. Whether an electronic publication is a printed publication for anticipation purposes depends on whether you have a retrieval date or an electronic publication date. I beleive that the publication from which the previous image of the electric motor powered helicopter was taken would most likely count for 102 purposes; your list of publications would take a bit of analysis on a document by document basis. I suspect most would qualify in one respect or another.

'An elecronic publication, including an on-line database or Internet publication, is considered to be a "printed publication" within the meaning of 35 U.S.C. 102(a) and (b) provided the publication was accessible to persons concerned with the art to which the document relates.' see http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac..._e8r6_2100.pdf;

'Prior art disclosures on the Internet or on an on-line database are considered to be publicaly available as of the date the item was publically posted, though the publication must have a publication date or a retrieval date for these purposes. see section cited above.