PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas will be dead in 6 months
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2009, 23:46
stubby jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....my 2 bobs worth

.......emu -you make quite a few valid points.

The QF spin machine works in all forms of the media- advertising, public announcements, AGM's, Qantas News etc.

Its all spun to bluff the punters into changing their perspective ( which I guess is whats commonly referred to as Marketing-)

Take the Qantas News-have a look at the last 3-4 issues and take a close look at the front page pic's-its all "Executives" sitting around looking like they've just come out of a funeral.

Lighten up a bit. We've been through the "Chicken Little" routine long enough under Darth. Sure we're in the crapper. BUT the only way out is to give people a sense of confidence and direction NOT morose posturing from people who are supposedly LEADERS.

As for the IFE. I just returned from LAX ( now referred to as the JQ express-due to the number of first time punters on $900 fares !-but thats another topic on its own) Anyway, on BOTH SECTORS -the IFE shat itself.
We don't even bother apologising any more. And the sad truth is the punters don't really care-they expect it to fail -infact if it works for 13 hours its called a BONUS !

Qantas are really kidding themselves.

Oh woe is me-Delta are on the route. Our once cosy duopoly is now trashed-our profits are going to be reduced.

HELLO WAKE UP YOU CLOWNS-its called competition. If you are r-e-a-l-l-y serious about EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE not just the spin in thinking people are getting it-you need to DELIVER IT !

That means- delivering an exceptional product -not some Rockpool/Woolies inspired mush that passes off for airline food, clean serviceable toilets, an IFE that actually works ( not one that limps and weezes along) AND for the risk of being accused of heresy improved customer service

So there you have it-rant over.

I'm still backing AJ ( he is streets ahead of GD-so far) however, he can't fall back into the old ways of spin, deceit, bullying and managing both the customers and staff by fear.

sj