PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2009, 23:02
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JD-EE:
Will Fraser, I suspect the news media should do a little explanation to their readers that the BEA reports "pretty good condition" is probably a declaration of a crewman on the vessel that picked it up with perhaps a remark or two from the medic. Broken bones but basically all in one piece is pretty good condition for somebody used to people coming apart and bleeding heavily.
Well... about 30 out of 51 bodies were recovered by the French Navy. Most were transfered from Ventôse to BPC Mistral which is fully equiped and teamed for a very serious examinations of the "body state". Look here:
Mistral Class ? Amphibious Assault, Command and Force Projection Ship - Naval Technology
[...]
The 69-bed, 750m² hospital is equipped with two operating theatres. If additional hospital or medevac space is required, the hangar can also be converted into a modular field hospital.

I would consider as a fact that the BEA forensic team (barred by the Federal Police) would be fully informed of any "medical observations" made by the French Navy hospital team, no matter if the Brazilian are still dragging their feet and do not fully cooperate with them.

The Brazilian Federal Police is in charge of the victims identification in cooperation with Interpol (including the French police team which is not allowed to do anything). They stated that this task was their primary one and a report would follow once the identification work will be completed. They don't want the BEA killing the suspense by revealing too much about it.

But anyway, I would consider that if the BEA mentioned this observation, it should be taken as a fact backed by a serious medical advice.