PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - White Waltham
Thread: White Waltham
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2009, 22:33
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said previously, on both my visits I was made very welcome at WW. On my first visit there, purely as a matter of courtesy and from a fire safety point of view, I took myself to reception to let them know I was there to see "Fred" after which I purchased a cup of coffee to drink whilst I was waiting for him to appear. On the second occasion one of the two friends I was meeting there happened to arrive at the same time as myself.
I am not as fortunate as many of you as I do not have the financial resources to be able to do a lot of flying so many of my meetings with friends are, of necessity, made by road. I don't know what most of you feel about the standard of catering in roadside service stations but I feel it is overpriced to put it mildly. I would far sooner be able to drop in to an airfield I might be passing and eat there in the knowledge that I may have made some tiny contribution to funds which may help keep that particular airfield open for us to enjoy flying to. I do understand WW's concerns about having people who are unknown to them simply wandering about the place, perhaps production of pilot's licence and some form of photo identity might be an idea for anyone not arriving by air.