PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Aviation Academy (Bahrain)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2009, 22:24
WELCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to make a correction that looks significant. The exact number of applicants who have successfully passed day 1 is only 5 out of 22!!! I've seen the very excited 5 young men (sunday morning) in the simulator building while they were about to start day 2 assessment. On the other side, more applicants were getting ready for their big day, day 1!

Apparently a representative from Oxford Aviation flew out to Bahrain to help setup the screening & assessment process that would have ordinarily taken place over in Kidlington.

As a matter of fact, a complete Senior assessment team from Oxford came over fully equiped with special PC,s and joysticks and pedals! It is intended to be a copy/paste of the orginal version of the assessment taking place back in Oxford.

ie, I get a debrief and run down of my performances on the test areas and how i did, and was given advice at the end of it on what I could do to improve my results for next time.

I'm hoping that has been happening. If not, then the BD200 isnt justifiable
Nope, not happening a bit. I agree with you.

Are they calling 20 by 20 students for each day until all 150 or so applicants are done with?
Average number of applicants invited per day is 20. They shall continue calling applicants until 100 qualified cadets are spotted.

are payments made on the day of the assessment?
Yes.

when were these applicants informed regarding the test dates?
Just couple of days before day 1. Those who were there for day 2 have been contacted yesterday at night.