PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2009, 16:53
youwantmetodowhat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Ms Tee Emm, What "threat", have I upset you because you are one of the pilots going there at the lower rate instead of holding out for the established rate that the other companies are offering, or are you just from DPI? Put yourself in their shoes. would you be there saying oh great come on over thanks for the pay cut...get real!
I am looking at what the pilots there are having to deal with....increased hours and no pay increase and cuts in conditions for years. Look at the previous posts by many many of the pilots there. They are copping it from not only the company that is trying everything to screw only the expat pilots (from what I understand the locals have not been asked to take any sort of a paycut in any department) but now from another company coming in and undercutting the contract companies that have been there supplying pilots for years. Not forgeting that VN made millions of $ in profit the first quarter of this year!!!
No threat, just letting prospective pilots thinking of going there that they have a choice. Apply to a contract company which is quite willing to pay the pilots they have on their books less than what the pilots there already are being paid....yeah great way to look after your clients who are making you money or just to go to the companies that have been established there for years and give VN no choice than to go back to them.
So if you feel threatened then well.... I am sorry to have upset you so much, but I have been watching this post for months and I am amazed that a pilot would come up with such rubbish as your post....
As has been said for years....Pilots are their own worst enemies. And you are not helping what has been happening for a long time.

p.s. no "appropriate advise" so far.