PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Waddington Friday arrivals
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2009, 15:26
TheWizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again, please enlighten us, your expertise coming from where exactly?
A bloke down the pub??

You seem a bit confused about your background from some of your posts...

Without getting into a spot of crab bashing (OK then I will) that is the exact reason why the RAF will never be able to fly the JSF from sea.
This is Naval Aviation. These guys who are still part of the FAA (Remember no one leaves the Fleet Air Arm
spheroid

As a serving RAF Officer I think it makes great sense. Why not? it would save millions, would make the Armed Forces more efficient, give greater Operational Capability but above all it would alleviate us all from the sensleless and witless decisions made by the Air Lords...... lets do it.
Oh dear, nothing like a little bit of loyalty to your old service is there oh round one? Or were you having a bit of a senior moment? Don't worry it happens at your age. See, insults are easy to throw around.

On a more serious note, when was the last time you read any Merlin Mk3 landing checks then?
All it says is 'Harnesses' ergo despatchers harness for the crewman, not 'sit down and strap into a seat'. Can't speak for the RN as I don't know their SOPs. Much like you obviously don't know RAF ones.

P.s Best have a word with the Puma and the Griffin Crewmen while you are at it. They don't seem to be sat down and strapped into a seat either

Edit: Sorry for the thread drift 7 of 9, but some people seem to make a habit of it. Great set of photos btw.

Last edited by TheWizard; 5th Jul 2009 at 16:37.