PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar DEC
Thread: Jetstar DEC
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2009, 09:36
king320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks lookleft for your advice.

I do not want compensation; I want the job they offered me because I want to settle down with my family in Australia; which is the country of my birth and which I beleive is the best country to live in the World.

I have actually contacted J* managment and I beleive the reason they are refusing to induct me is because of the fear of a union problem regarding their acceptance of employing me as a captain presently.

I do understand their position but do not agree with them ;
the reason is because they should have forseen this in the first place when they wrote to me telling me that my start date had been posponed from Sept 08 to Dec 08.
I even offered them to employ me and send me on unpaid leave if necessary to avert this future problem but they refused.

I also recently ( last week) called the Manager Pilot Recruitment at J* and funnily enough he had just sent in his resignation from his post.

Seems that J* have really f......d up regarding this issue since there are also another 12 pilots in my same situation who were given contracts and then dumped.

If I need to be based in Darwin; I will accept; but as a Captain as agreed in my contract.
J* Managment should be gentlemen enough to present my case to the unions and sort this mess out.!

I am an Australian Citizen and feel pertubed that foreign pilots were given visas to work in Australia for J* and I have been left out because of an internal messup.

Regards