PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas will be dead in 6 months
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2009, 00:50
Stationair8

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts
Obviuos my comments struck a raw nerve with a couple of Qantas Galley Hags or Fags. Firstly no I don't look like Bradd Pitt and no desire to look lke him, no I don't drink alcohol on flights, the Singaporean girls are a lot more pleasant to look at and they also treat the customer with respect and seeing I am paying that's what I expect. Qantas catering is substandard crapp basically, Qlink/Eastern food is a disgrace you pay top dollar on the Dash8 and get a muffin and a lukewarm coffee if you are lucky, but don't ask for a refill!
In January 2007 I was checking in at Melbourne and I had printed of a boarding pass at home, but joined the wrong line and soon found a Qantas employee screaming at me for being in the wrong line. I politely remarked to the rude person that if I wanted to be screamed at and shouted at in that manner I would join the army. When I finally got to the Checkin desk, I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager in relation to this incident but after waiting for 30 minutes, no one could find one. But during the same time I watched this staff member intimidate and reduce and old couple to tears for being in the wrong line and not having a boarding pass.
Hardly good for repeat business.
Another time my nav bag was to big to be carried on as cabin luggage, so the Qlink staff said it would go in the hold and come off as priority baggage in Melbourne, but I couldn't pick it up on disembarkation for 101 reasons but it would be in the baggage claim area within 15 minutes. An hour later an waiting to board another flight no bag, and again no one could give me any assistance, the supervisor was very busy avoiding me and the junior was always on his mobile. Finally one hour and twenty minutes later my bag turned up!
The $500 short notice airfare to Adelaide from Melbourne, nice flight in the A330 on time arrival but no catering provided to the punters in the middle of the aircraft for some reason.
There are many good loyal Qantas employees that work hard and have QF blood in their viens, but also a large number including managers that like to rort the system, treat the customers like dirt, don't look outside the square and see that QF does have a lot of lean mean competitors today.

Last edited by Stationair8; 5th Jul 2009 at 01:53.