PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 4th Jul 2009, 23:42
fly2AK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluffy,

I am by no means endorsing the 10% cut. However, I was taught a long time ago that seniority is key in this line of work and the most junior pilot does the same job as the most senior pilot, but the senior pilot is making an additional $60,000 per year. This doesn't divide the pilots or create any anymosity between them. This 10% pay cut shouldn't do the same for you, if you think that it will then maybe you should really consider whether or not it's worth the stress. Your right, the pilots here had nothing to do with this decision. The only way it would change is if they have a hard time recruiting pilots to come out for the wages offered. The company is still in the early stages of development and it will take some doing to iron out all the wrinkles. Should you decide to take this offer, please don't join with animosity towrds the pilots already here, a 4 hour flight with another pilot pi$$ed at you for something beyond your control is unpleasent for everyone. Remember that unions are illegal here and there is only so much you can do about these kind of changes. All I can say to anyone is you can give it a shot and if you don't like it, leave when you can. Maybe if they know there is going to be a mass exidist, they might provide some incentive for people to stay. This is just my opinion. Good luck with your decision.