PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 22:39
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Point taken about the blue on blue. As in all such cases unintentional, so sorry fella, if that helps? I honestly believe that the purpose of this thread as you state it is enhanced, not compromised, by emphasising that this fleet was unairworthy when the tragedy happened and that the BoI turned a blind eye to it. Hence the findings by it and the ROs are compromised, hence they are even further from the required standard of "beyond all doubt". The Mull group has appealed to reason, now it appeals to law. The problem is that its adversary, the MOD, is the chief suspect in my view and with tax payer funded resources, so we could be here for another 15 years! Better surely to show how it has flouted its Duty of Care, ignored its own Airworthiness Regulations and been the direct cause of these ever lengthening lists of fallen. It may be important to you that Rick and Jon's honour be restored, and essential to their loved ones and friends. It is important to me, that was my motivation for posting here in the first place, but with due respect to you and to their memory preventing further avoidable Military Air Accidents is even more so. That can only happen if the MOD is "outed" and Airworthiness put into far safer hands, together with Accident Investigation, the other side of the Flight Safety coin, ie to an MAA and MAAIB. We may rage at this injustice but first and foremost we are professionals and know that Aviation is deadly unless everyone involved is scrupulous and responsible. Rick and Jon may well have been. Many of those in the CoC above them were not.