PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 22:15
Rob21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEA x search

I understand Air France should be on "alert" or "high concern" mode after receiving all those ACARS (all Ambar and one RED?).

But Air France, along with French government and coordinated with Brazilian authorities, only launched the "a/c missing" alarm after AF 447 had no fuel to continue flying. I know this is SOP, but after all those ACARS, shouldn't AF have jumped on all the radios, SATCOMs, phones and tried to have any info about AF 447 with various ATCs? Maybe they did...

Maybe if Brazil, Senegal and Cabo Verde had received from AF info about those ACARS, the search effort maybe would have started earlier.

But the world only knew about those ACARS on the next day, when it leaked to the press.

I don't think it is fair to "imply" Brazil was "late" in launching the rescue efforts.

The search a/c were flying with 300 ft ceiling before sunrise, all ships in the area were alerted, to include fishing boats...

I believe that if Brazilian Air Force and Navy had known about those ACARS earlier, the search would have been directed to a more specific and smaller area.

I don't understand BEA's attitude towards Brazil, but in the FAB (Brazilian Air Force) web site it is very clear that all the procedures related to flight coordination with AF 447 were conducted as usual with all flights on that same route, day after day, week after week...

Someone can be so kind and tell me what am I missing here?

Thanks