PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DC-9 MD-80 Fume Lawsuit
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2002, 10:01
Smokie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Fewcloudy, can I assume you don't fly the 146 ? If you did then you'd know that there is an on going problem with this type.

I personally have had 3 incidents that required the flight crew going on O2 in the last 18 months, these were reported and ASRs and Air quality reports filed.
All the crews, flight deck and cabin crew, on each occassion were sent to hospital to have very painful arterial blood samples taken.
All the results came back negative. Were the Doctors testing for the right thing I ask myself ?

This a very hot potato in our company now with a lot of captains very reluctant to report any incidents. The companys view is that the problem has been solved with the regular maintainance programe on both packs and the APU / Air conditioning systems.

However, there have been more than a few occassions when I have mentioned that I could smell fumes but nothing was done about it. After the 3rd or 4th sector it has very noticeably affected my thinking and general well being and I was glad to be getting off the A/C after those duties.

Only just recently aircraft ABC, XYZ and CDE, have had problems. So the problem is still there, it hasn't gone away.