PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career changes for ex Cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 20:08
Smileybird1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mona

I worked for BA. I joined in 1997 on the new contract (although I believe there is a newer contract existing now as well). I had a couple of years at LH LGW and then moved LH LHR. After a couple of years there I went part time.

I had a fab time and saw the world whilst being paid for it. There are so many happy memories of my time there but eventually the good times began to fade and I started hating going to work and I felt I wasn't giving the customers the service they deserved.

I feel lucky that I had the opportunity to work with BA and feel that at the time they were the best company to work for. There are negatives in any company and then there are negatives just simply flying. Missing friends weddings/parties started to annoy me. I asked if I could have leave following my own wedding and was told "No but you can have unpaid leave".

When I got married I knew that I would want to try for a family. My husband also flies and I didn't want both of us flying with kids. It did help knowing that my husband would be there to support us financially if my career in the ambulance service had not worked out, so that helped the decision to leave.

As I said in my previous post, leaving flying was the best thing I could do. Now I only have memories that are happy, I think this is important because flying gave me so much that it didn't deserve to be thought of in the negative way I had become to think of it.

For anyone else interested I was 29 when I left flying.

Smiley
x