PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 19:02
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Thor, if a forum of "Professional Pilots" (and of many others of course) is not the place to point up serious shortcomings in UK Military Airworthiness Provision and Enforcement, then where? It was certainly the place to raise it in the "Parliamentary Questions" thread following the Iraq Hercules crash and similarly in the Afghanistan Nimrod thread. So, yes I would say this is very much the place. The entire subject fleet of this thread, the Chinook Mk2, was at the time of the accident unairworthy. That statement is a hostage to fortune I know, and JP will be down on me like a ton of bricks no doubt, but that is my contention. The reason the fleet was thus affected was the UK Military Airworthiness Authority not enforcing its own Regulations. That seems to me to require the attention of Professional Aviators of all persuasions, who simply have to use their own training and experience to decide if that is acceptable if true. It doesn't take a lot of qualification or being informed to do so, just a bit of application. Or is that too much to ask of people?
PS Not having a crack at you personally, but you were kind enough to put your head above the parapet. Good for you!