PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 18:59
vittorio66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Takata for some explanation, still I have few doubts, referring to the l/jacktes there is no evidence so far that the bodies recovered by the Frigate Ventose had the l/jackets doned , they stating "Clothed and relatively well preserved" no mention what so ever to L/J.
I beleive even if one had the L/J on would tell the investigators that pax where informed or some problem on the A/C.
This what I'm referring as an emergency on board.
About ACARS in the report state that "F-GZCP was programmed to automatically transmit its position approx. every ten minutes"....
Air France received total 26 messages 2 belonging to the previous flight about toilet and 24 received June 1st between 2:10:10 and 2:14:26.
They shouldn't have received also the position more frequently than only one time since the airplane was set to an automatic transmission ?
Also other aircrafts same type had similar situation encountering turbolence but the pilots were able to handle the emergency , the other aircraft did also sent ACARS or were programmed to send them ? Would not beneficial for the investicgators to compare "if possible" ACARS from other planes.
By now I guess you know I'm not a Pilot , I work in transportation field as well but in a different element Water not Air but this unfortunate event opened my eyes about things that I took for granted and now I'm finding out are not.