PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2009, 17:30
PPRuNe Pop
Cool Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't normally make any comments except those of a general type and usually connected with modding this forum.

However, I am about to make an exception.

If what I read is true then the engineering incompetence shown by the Director, and maybe one or two of his staff, is an absolute disgrace. Tempsford won't mind me saying that he holds a similar position and I'd take a bet that none of his aircraft (rather more in number than just one!) would be susceptible to this kind of negligence. Paperwork is the soul of an aircraft and must be perfect before it can fly.

After the pleading and cajoling of well earned money from those who contributed to this project it is a massive kick in the backside for all those who have waited to see 558 in the air. IF the PtoF expired on the 2nd July a new one should have been obtained before that date!

If the 558 is serviceable, and has been for some time, then there can be no possible excuse and the person responsible should stand up and be counted and to be made accountable for gross incompetence and probably resign - but NOT before he rectifies his wrong. !5 days for a PofE is normal and he MUST have known that.

It is a fiasco of the worst kind and Dr Pleming must make an announcement.